If you are a man, then you may find this interesting and amusing at some point..
If you are a woman, then you'll find yourself nodding in agreement(and perhaps even amusement) to what you may read.
I read an interesting article on Clove TWO Online( Out of The Mouths). It is about the common beliefs that women has been passing down from generation to generation until this very day in the 21st century. I'm sure, if you're a woman, you would be familiar to hearing something like this from your mother, " Don't cut your fingernails at night!" , " Don't sit with your legs wide open, nobody would want to marry you!" , "Don't eat pineapples during your menstruation, it will make you bleed more!" and that scary, horrible one that goes " Don't cross your legs upwards in mid air when you're lying on your tummy, it will shorten your parent's lifespan!"
Funny and absurd some of the advices may be, but some of us still obey them diligently. Pregnant women are told to drink loads of soy milk, so their offspring will have fair and beautiful skin. This may not be scientifically proven, but hey, it's worth the try, isn't it?
Oh, not to mention, sometimes when these single ladies wants to find their soul mates quickly after being disappointed in their relationships, they would be told to pluck some fresh flowers (mainly roses, I think) and shower with the flowers. I usually see these women put the plucked flowers into pails and collect water inside and then wash themselves with the water. This is called the flower bath and it serves purpose to attract men to you. This, however, is purely superstition. But taking these flower baths can be fun too, isn't it?
Oh, not to mention, sometimes when these single ladies wants to find their soul mates quickly after being disappointed in their relationships, they would be told to pluck some fresh flowers (mainly roses, I think) and shower with the flowers. I usually see these women put the plucked flowers into pails and collect water inside and then wash themselves with the water. This is called the flower bath and it serves purpose to attract men to you. This, however, is purely superstition. But taking these flower baths can be fun too, isn't it?
Now, most of these advices are generally superstitions related to one's culture, but there are some of those advices that are actually scientifically proven to be true. For example, drying off well after a shower. Everybody does this, but remember when we were cute little *ahem* angels and directly after our showers our mothers would wrap those warm, cozy and dry towels around us and telling us to dry off well after showers? If you had the sense to ask her why, she would probably mutter something on getting bacteria infections. This is actually true. Moist skins encourage fungal infections, which is why we should dry off well after showers.
So do women still follow these advices/superstitions these days? I think it's safe to say that some still does and some doesn't anymore. But that of course, depends on your culture and also what the superstition/advices are about. Not to mention, some of these superstitions has been declared Haram for Muslims to practice them. If you would like to view some of the advices and superstitions, you may click on the link above that leads to the original article.
I hope you had a good time reading this!
Yup I did! Lookin' great!
ReplyDeleteaww, thank you so much :D
ReplyDelete