Thursday, June 17, 2010

Miley Too Wild?


 Miley Cyrus.

Who doesn't know Miley Cyrus? The so-called pop sensation has been on the media bad side lately, the media just love to thrash her in anyway or any chance they can get. I've been viewing articles on The Sun tabloid online and these are some related articles on Miley's "outrageous" behaviours. Miley Cant Be Tamed?

Having read those articles, I must say that I have a better judgment than all those critiques because they are being unreasonable.Now, let me get this straight, I'm not a fan of Miley. I think she can't sing, like, seriously, haven't you heard her songs? Frankly, the Disney songs that she sang as Hannah Montana were awesome. They totally complimented her voice but the songs she sang as Miley Cyrus? They are unbearable. It's so sad because those songs are actually good and catchy but she HAD to be the one to sing them and her voice completely ruined them.Honestly, she sounds good when she sings in a low note but when she reaches the high notes and the intermediate parts, the song just tank. It's very close to a cat being stepped on the tail. They call that TALENT?

Okay now, the media has been making her look bad with every single actions she made, for example in the first article the media dissed her on wearing very revealing clothes.First of all, she's 17 years old girl going 18 soon and the way she dress is no different than any other 17 years old girl you may find in America today.So why harp on her alone? Why not pick on the rest of them that wear such clothes? Besides, the music industry is all about the whole "sex sells" concept. It's the truth. Most female singers exploited their body too much just to sell their music. It's not about music just so much.

People were commenting on how she is a role model for kids and how she's being a very bad influence. I was like, WHAT ROLE MODEL? Her Hannah Montana days are over, she's not a role model to anyone, there's no need to flatter her too much. She was indeed very like able in Hannah Montana but she has grown up and so this new image is actually nothing outrageous. It's completely normal for women to want to be sexy as they grow up. It's human nature!

So yes, I'm on her defense for that first article.However, for the second article, I'm all against Miley. I mean, the whole lesbian-like act? It's totally unnecessary. She doesn't have to do that in the first place, she can just tell the choreographer that it might not be a good idea. 

Her parents are to be blamed too. They knew that the media is always trying to bring Miley down, why didn't they do something about it? They are open minded, yes, that's nice, but they should know what kind of act Miley will be doing in her performances. They shouldn't let her do too many crazy stuff, it's really downgrading. But then again,maybe she need to do those acts after all. The reason why? To distract people from her bad singing. 

For me, if Miley wants to wear sexy clothes, then so be it. But the whole same-sex "kiss", the crotch rubbing dance with the male dancer and the controversial lap dance is just too much. If you are that desperate for publicity, get it by acting. Not by singing badly and cause commotions.

2 comments: